Study Abroad Information
The following types of study abroad are available.
Types of Study Abroad
- 1. Exchange programs
- This program allows students to study with local students for one semester or up to one year at a university with which Kyushu University has a university-wide or faculty-level student exchange agreement. During the period of study abroad, students are considered to be enrolled in school, so as long as they pay tuition at Kyushu University, they do not have to pay tuition at their study abroad destination university.
- 2. Short-term study abroad programs
- Short-term Study Abroad Programs are organized by Kyushu University or overseas universities and last from a few weeks to a month. In addition to language training, there are also training programs that focus on specific themes or fields.
- 3. [For students of the School of Science and the Graduate School of Science]
Oregon State Science + English Program (OSSEP)
- The Oregon State Science + English Program (OSSEP) is a short-term study abroad program jointly planned and administered by Kyushu University’s Faculty of Science and Oregon State University for students in the School of Science and Graduate School of Science. The program is designed to help students develop both general and scientific English and the ability to communicate internationally through exchanges with local faculty and students at OSU. For more information, please visit here.
Once the date of departure for study abroad has been decided, you must submit the Overseas Travel Notification Form and other necessary documents. The deadline for submission is one month/ there months before the departure date, so please submit it as soon as your departure date is decided. Click here for details.
Information related to studying abroad, including the start of applications and scholarship information, can be found on the following websites.
- Global Gateways (Study abroad information page of the International Affairs Department)*Japanese only.
- Faculty of Science and Graduate School of Science *Japanese only.
★We also post information on our SNS, so follow us to keep up with the latest useful information!