The following is an introduction to the procedures for accepting foreign researchers.
For details, please refer to the “Acceptance Handbook” (Published by the International Affairs Department)
Security Export Controls
Kyushu University conducts international exchange activities appropriately following the Kyushu University Security Export Control Regulations. When accepting foreign researchers, please check the Integrated Legal Office website and follow the necessary procedures, such as entrance control.
The section in charge will apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) for a visa (visa application) on behalf of the foreign researcher to the International Affairs Department, depending on the category of acceptance (with/without employment contract).
< Section in charge >
- With employment contract :
- Human Resources Section (email@example.com)
- Without employment contract :
- Research Support Section (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Required Documents :
- 1. Contact form for CoE proxy application for foreign researcher
2. Copy of passport
3. other *Additional requests will be made as needed.
The International Affairs Department will mail a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) directly to the foreign faculty researcher. After receiving the CoE, the foreign researcher will undergo visa issuance procedures at the nearest Japanese diplomatic mission abroad.
- ＊It usually takes about two to three months from submitting the ” Contact form for CoE proxy application for foreign researcher” to the mailing (dispatch) of the CoE, so please apply well in advance.
- ＊Foreign nationals of visa waiver countries are not required to follow this procedure for a short stay of 90 days or less.
Please get in touch with each accommodation directly and make a reservation.
(Residential facility for foreign researchers) *Japanese Only.
Administrative and bank account opening procedures
If you need assistance registering as a resident at the ward(city) office or opening a bank account, please contact the Global Relations Office (email@example.com) at least one month before the date of acceptance.